Large-tailed Nightjar - a new site record in Taman Wetland Putrajaya

I was driving along the wetland cells of Upper North late in the morning 11.30am. I suddenly stopped my car when I saw a big dried leaf-look alike object on the ground next to a bamboo. Then, I realised it is a large-tailed nightjar. GREAT!!! This is the 4th site which I have seen a nightjar in daylight. Beak was wide open then. After a while, I just left. It started to drizzle so I decided to check out what happen to the bird. When I arrived, the bird was not there. I came out from the car and went near the ground where the nightjar was. A tiny egg. I remembered this egg and it belongs to a nightjar. The bird was incubating the egg. I left the site again when it started to rain heavily. Later around 6.30pm, I went back to this site, the bird came back to the egg. So, let's wait and see what happen. But I think I need to inform the gardener not to disturb the surrounding area of the nest. I have to learn from past experience.
 

posted by wengchun @ 7:33 AM,

2 Comments:

At 1:25 AM, Blogger lee kok chung said...

hei...Bring me there !! :)

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger wengchun said...

i would like to. but to minimal group to avoid disturbance. perhaps observing from inside the vehicle.

unfortunately, the bird has left the spot and no more egg on the ground.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home