To rescue a young heron

When I picked up the bird from Jing Yi this afternoon, I managed to get a few shots of the young heron with his help. Then, I quickly rushed to Uncle Tony's house for his advice and most important to feed the bird with some food before I continue my journey back to Putrajaya. Initially, we use chopstick to feed the bird but then decided to use hand instead. In the end, eventually the bird snapped the food away from my hand. WOW! It was hungry indeed. Back in the office, I put some newspaper in a small aquarium and use it as a temporary enclosure for the young bird. I covered the top with a plastic aquarium cover. I also went to look for the caretaker of the captive birds in the park to get some food that they feed the captive birds. Again, I had to force feed the bird. My night shift staff will take turn to look after this bird, hope that everything is well tomorrow.








Powered by Qumana

posted by wengchun @ 8:13 AM,

1 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Blogger YC said...

If only I knew of this account... Anyway our heron is eating heartily and learning to fish... will soon be set free. Read the series at http://besgroup.talfrynature.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home